The Old Ways

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old Ways

Teachings of the craft and the old ways

2 posters

First Test

AmythestMoon
    AmythestMoon
    Admin

First Test Empty First Test

Post  AmythestMoon Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Date: 12/28/10
    Due Date: 01/17/10

1. What, in your own words, do you believe is a Wiccan?

2. In what way, if any, do you feel a Wiccan and a Witch differ?

3. What do you feel is the purpose of casting a spell?

4. How do you feel about things that help the environment yet at the
    same time are not as convenient or easy as methods that do not conserve
    or give back?

5. Are you comfortable out in nature?

6. While at a family gathering a relative discovers you are Wiccan and
    begins to argue that you are following Satan. How would you handle the
    situation?

7. What do you feel the reactions of those close to
    you; friends and family, may be upon learning that you are studying
    Wicca?

8. A child you are babysitting takes your wand out to play with and show
    to his friends and pretends to be putting curses on them. What action
    would you take?

9. Your ex-in-laws hear their grandchildren talking about your witchy
    friends and suggest to your ex that you may not be a fit parent. How do
    you feel about their judging your parenting skills on the basis of your
    religion?

10. Twice your child has returned in tears after
    playing at the neighbors. Upon investigation you find they are telling
    your child you are evil and are going to hell for your beliefs. How
    would you comfort and explain to your child? How would you handle the
    situation with your neighbors?

11. While out with friends your
    spouse makes questionable comments about your religious beliefs. How
    would you feel about their appearance of lack of support and how would
    you handle the incident?

12. Your "other" has just found out
    about your interest in Wicca and has forbidden all materials and
    discussion in the house and refuses to allow you to study. What actions
    would you take?

13. A co-worker discovers you are a closet
    Wiccan and not only spreads it about the workplace but complains to the
    boss that she is afraid to work with you. What response do you make and
    how would you behave?

14. While at a community function you are
    approached by several angry people who begin to threaten you for your
    beliefs and appear to be close to violence. What do you do?

You now have two sets of holidays available to celebrate each year.
    What ones would you choose to celebrate and how would you blend that
    with different celebrations from family and friends?

Here is your test for your first lesson, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask Smile

Blessings,
    AmythestMoon of Avalon

OnyxRose
    OnyxRose

First Test Empty test one complete

Post  OnyxRose Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:53 pm

1. What, in your own words, do you believe is a Wiccan?a wiccan is one who respects nature and all in it and one who worships the gods and goddess

2. In what way, if any, do you feel a Wiccan and a Witch differ? i thought they were pretty much the same

3. What do you feel is the purpose of casting a spell? to ask the goddesses to lend you there knowledge and guidance

4. How do you feel about things that help the environment yet at the same time are not as convenient or easy as methods that do not conserve or give back? recycling is nice but hard to do in a appartment but just throwing the garbage down a shoot is the easy way out

5. Are you comfortable out in nature?yes but depending on the climate and where

6. While at a family gathering a relative discovers you are Wiccan and begins to argue that you are following Satan. How would you handle the situation? i would explain to them i don't follow satan i worship gods and goddess.

7. What do you feel the reactions of those close to you; friends and family, may be upon learning that you are studying Wicca? confused cause they would not understand what a wiccan is

8. A child you are babysitting takes your wand out to play with and show to his friends and pretends to be putting curses on them. What action would you take?i would not have my wand out where children can reach i would tell the child this is not a toy and put them in a time out.

9. Your ex-in-laws hear their grandchildren talking about your witchy friends and suggest to your ex that you may not be a fit parent. How do you feel about their judging your parenting skills on the basis of your religion? i would be hurt and concerned about what they are telling the children

10. Twice your child has returned in tears after
    playing at the neighbors. Upon investigation you find they are telling your child you are evil and are going to hell for your beliefs. How would you comfort and explain to your child? How would you handle the situation with your neighbors?i would hug my child tight and let them know that some people believe in different beliefsand i would not let my child over there and i would tell my neibors to have a blessed day cause karma will take care of the bad people

11. While out with friends your spouse makes questionable comments about your religious beliefs. How would you feel about their appearance of lack of support and how would you handle the incident?i would be upset and let them know how i felt

12. Your "other" has just found out about your interest in Wicca and has forbidden all materials and discussion in the house and refuses to allow you to study. What actions would you take?tell my other to get out my house and say good bye to them

13. A co-worker discovers you are a closet Wiccan and not only spreads it about the workplace but complains to the boss that she is afraid to work with you. What response do you make and how would you behave? I would talk to my boss and figure a way to compromise

14. While at a community function you are approached by several angry people who begin to threaten you for your beliefs and appear to be close to violence. What do you do? call the police

You now have two sets of holidays available to celebrate each year.
    What ones would you choose to celebrate and how would you blend that
    with different celebrations from family and friends?i would celebrate the the wiccan holidays and only celbrate thanksgiving and christmas with my family

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 am